Book your stay Contact us
Centre Biotonus, Clinique Bon-Port
Rue Bon-Port 27
1820 Montreux - Suisse
Tel.: +41 21 966 58 58
Fax: +41 21 966 58 07
Montreux's official webcam, located at the Glion Institute of Higher EducationVideo
The Biotonus Centre in pictures
Montreux, the crowning jewel of the Swiss Riviera, boasts a tremendous range of tourist and leisure activities just waiting to be discovered during your stay at the Biotonus Clinic (link to Home). Stroll through the Old Town and its Edwardian-style buildings, walk along the flower-adorned quays and take a cruise across Lake Geneva: nestling between the lake and mountains, Montreux is an exceptional setting for your stay.
Unmissable activities and attractions:
- Montreux Jazz Festival: scene to the famous festival that has been played by such stars as James Brown, Keith Jarett, Miles Davis and Stevie Wonder. Ever since it was created in 1967 by Claude Nobs, the festival has gradually opened up to embrace other music genres, including rock, blues, electronic music and hip-hop, but has never forgotten its jazz roots. A major event that attracts thousands of visitors from around the world every year.
- Lavaux vineyard: part of the UNESCO World Heritage List, these vineyard terraces stretch some 830 hectares between Montreux and Lausanne, reaching as far as Lake Geneva. Discover this awe-inspiring landscape on foot, by bike or aboard a small tourist train (Lavaux Express and Lavaux Panoramic), and feel free to sample a glass of Chasselas wine.
- Château de Chillon: built upon a rocky island on the edge of Lake Geneva, Chillon is the most visited castle in Switzerland. You will be powerless to resist the charm of one of Switzerland's most romantic sites.
- Rochers-de-Naye belvedere: enjoy the breathtaking view over the Alps and Lake Geneva. A rack railway will take you from Montreux to an altitude of some 1,600 metres after a 55-minute journey across the high mountain pastures. Also worth a visit is the "Marmots' Paradise", a centre specifically for observing marmots.
- The Casino Barrière: on the shores of Lake Geneva, succumb to the thrills of the red carpet. Montreux Casino comprises 22 gaming tables and 375 slot machines.
- Montreux Museum: in authentic 17th century wine-growers' houses, discover a major collection of items ranging from coins through to woodworking tools and a wealth of thimbles.
- Sports activities: water sports on the lake (sailing, water-skiing, wakeboarding, canoeing, kayaking, diving, pedalo boats, etc.), swimming, walking and mountain-biking in the Alps, an 18-hole course at the Montreux Golf Club, paragliding and hot-air ballooning. Winter sports include skiing and snowboarding, snowshoe trekking, sledging and ice-skating.
Discover our region
Montreux's surrounding area is a treasure trove of leisure activities and visits. Our suggestions include:
- Lausanne: discover the Olympic capital. Home to the IOC headquarters, the city also features the Olympic Museum dedicated to the history of the Olympic Games. Also visit the cathedral, the Château d'Ouchy and the shores of Lake Geneva. The streets running through the city centre are teeming with boutiques, offering the ideal opportunity for a shopping expedition. Lausanne's fashionable Flon district is lined with trendy stores, art galleries, bars and restaurants.
- Vevey: visit this charming town on the shores of Lake Geneva, where Charlie Chaplin spent his final years.
- Fondation Gianadda in Martigny: renowned art exhibitions are regularly organised.
- Gruyères: famous for its appellation cheeses (Gruyère and Vacherin Fribourgeois), Gruyères will win you over with its preserved authentic character. Pay a visit to the Château and Maison du Gruyère. Continue your gastronomic walk by heading for Broc and popping into Maison Cailler - the Swiss chocolate factory.